leedssc.myfreeforum.org Forum Index leedssc.myfreeforum.org
This site is for people with an interest in terrace culture in particular the Leeds United Service Crew. We do not endorse football violence and any posts attempting to organise trouble will be deleted. Banter from all clubs welcome.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brum v Leeds in top 10 worst football riots
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leedssc.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Leeds Service Crew Forum.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Rank SC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Brum v Leeds in top 10 worst football riots  Reply with quote

http://soccerlens.com/football-violence-worst-football-riots/23093/

Surely that luton millwall seat chucking episode cant be top?
SCUSA
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Paris, Odsal & Chelsea should and would be better and bigger than a number of the games posted!
exsouthstand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Millwall riot was bad , but they were only up agaisnt Luton,nothing  compared to Brum.If hadnt been for the Bradford fire we would of probably been kicked out the league.
SCUSA
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exsouthstand wrote:
The Millwall riot was bad , but they were only up agaisnt Luton,nothing compared to Brum.If hadnt been for the Bradford fire we would of probably been kicked out the league.

Brum was worse than Wall IMO but I don't think Brum was as bad as Odsal or Chelsea
raisens

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brum was worse it made millwall look like a tea party. all chelsea was was a big pitch invasion and them loosing a scoreboard, Derby was a good un we got there early and went in they seats, bradford was a joke they lifted our membership scheme and was funny to see the city fans running out of they own end
SCUSA
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raisens wrote:
brum was worse it made millwall look like a tea party. all chelsea was was a big pitch invasion and them loosing a scoreboard, Derby was a good un we got there early and went in they seats, bradford was a joke they lifted our membership scheme and was funny to see the city fans running out of they own end

Barnsley also!
steakandsidney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raisens wrote:

The Wall Luton game was covered by TV with the game shown on spotsnight the same evening - obviously the riot was extensivly & shockingly featured during this - The Leeds Brum game i don't think was a featured TV match so not that much TV footage of the riot seemed to exist - Those of us there that day know just how bad and prolonged a riot it was and had it not been for a certain fire overshadowing events it could well of been the last straw for LUFC  that day - Four major & tragic incidents in a space of 10 weeks prompted Thatchers crackdown on football and 1985 became a watershed for the Soccer lad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHaMmDWY15c
Top Rank SC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id def say that  brum was worse than wall and the only thing that saved us was bradford, if that had not happened the full focus of the media would have been on us and its quite possible we my have got kicked out the league as was a threat back then due to all the past trouble. That lifting of the all ticket rule for the bradford game seemed like a set up as trouble was always gonna be on the cards. When i look back at some of those offs back then you remember just how naughty we were :D
lecter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brum was a bad one and the plod agree, hudds, barnsley and derby were all worse than chelsea imo, one game not mentioned yet was the battle of burnden 1978, a day i will never forget  :wink:
steakandsidney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lecter wrote:
Brum was a bad one and the plod agree, hudds, barnsley and derby were all worse than chelsea imo, one game not mentioned yet was the battle of burnden 1978, a day i will never forget :wink:

The one when the wall came down lecter ? - Half mackers flying everywhere :roll:
SCUSA
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lecter wrote:
Brum was a bad one and the plod agree, hudds, barnsley and derby were all worse than chelsea imo, one game not mentioned yet was the battle of burnden 1978, a day i will never forget :wink:

Of course Burnden was tasty but it slipped my mind which is funny as I was ejected to just leg it back round and come back in!
lecter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steakandsidney wrote:
lecter wrote:

The one when the wall came down lecter ? - Half mackers flying everywhere :roll:

Thats the one steak, i can't sasy too much, but can say it cost a 410 fine to start with, 410 ffs in 78, couldve built the reebok for that.
SCUSA
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember on the old forum that there were photo's posted from Brum, Barnsley, Odsal, Blunts in the League Cup, Bluescum Scoreboard event and Derby. Nothing that could be used against anyone today but some great memories.
quaytec

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at Birmingham but i think the riot at West Brom was on a par with it 81-82.
Inspector Morse Skipton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCUSA wrote:
I remember on the old forum that there were photo's posted from Brum, Barnsley, Odsal, Blunts in the League Cup, Bluescum Scoreboard event and Derby. Nothing that could be used against anyone today but some great memories.

I posted alot of em for someone else, if anyone wants copies pm me and i will email all pics.

Will post in the photos section when i get chance.
Lagboat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't a kid get killed at the game you're talking about cause a load of Leeds knocked a wall down or something?

Before you all jump in two footed, I might be wrong and it might be someone talking out of their arse when they told me?
SCUSA
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagboat wrote:
Didn't a kid get killed at the game you're talking about cause a load of Leeds knocked a wall down or something?

Before you all jump in two footed, I might be wrong and it might be someone talking out of their arse when they told me?

The kid was a Leeds fan and it was the coppers that were responsible for the wall collapsing, its lucky more weren't badly injured.
Lagboat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCUSA wrote:
Lagboat wrote:

The kid was a Leeds fan and it was the coppers that were responsible for the wall collapsing, its lucky more weren't badly injured.

What happened than? Very sad.
raisens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lad was only 15, i was about 20 ft away when it went down one of the wakey lads had his legs crushed
lecter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew about the wall incident till i reached new street when i got let out the cells , and tbh, all the natter all way home was about bradford
HOW ?
WHY ?
WHO ?
WHAT ?
WHEN ?
Wasnt till sunday morning the full horror hit home, that incident probably  kept LUFC in the league. Dark days for football.
RIP
The young lad was from northampton with his father hoping to see United get promotion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leedssc.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Leeds Service Crew Forum. All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: